Consequently every purpose, however individual it may be, is of universal value. The doctor asked, But who is it that speaks to you? She replied: He says it is God. And what, indeed, could prove to her that it was God? There are, on the one hand, the Christians, amongst whom I shall name Jaspers and Gabriel Marcel, both professed Catholics; and on the other the existential atheists, amongst whom we must place Heidegger as well as the French existentialists and myself. And at the point of departure there cannot be any other truth than this, I think, therefore I am, which is the absolute truth of consciousness as it attains to itself. Towards 1880, when the French professors endeavoured to formulate a secular morality, they said something like this: God is a useless and costly hypothesis, so we will do without it. Source: Existentialism from Dostoyevsky to Sartre, ed. For many have but one resource to sustain them in their misery, and that is to think, Circumstances have been against me, I was worthy to be something much better than I have been. The self-deception is evidently a falsehood, because it is a dissimulation of mans complete liberty of commitment. In Kant, this universality goes so far that the wild man of the woods, man in the state of nature and the bourgeois are all contained in the same definition and have the same fundamental qualities. Later, about the age of eighteen, he came to grief in a sentimental affair; and finally, at twenty-two this was a trifle in itself, but it was the last drop that overflowed his cup he failed in his military examination. I have been reproached for suggesting that existentialism is a form of humanism: people have said to me, But you have written in your Nause that the humanists are wrong, you have even ridiculed a certain type of humanism, why do you now go back upon that? In reality, the word humanism has two very different meanings. But he took it very cleverly for him as a sign that he was not intended for secular success, and that only the attainments of religion, those of sanctity and of faith, were accessible to him. In every purpose there is universality, in this sense that every purpose is comprehensible to every man. Captcha failed to load. 1 Journal de bouville 22 mars 1932 _ La Nause Existence is not something which lets itself be thought of from a distance; First, it has been reproached as an invitation to people to dwell in quietism of despair. Its also home to a whole host of one-of-a-kind items made with love and extraordinary care. Our aim is precisely to establish the human kingdom as a pattern of values in distinction from the material world. Explain Plato's analogy of the divided line. No Exit Character Analysis by Sartre - Huis Clos by Jean-Paul Sartre (Character Analysis of the existentialist play) Author: Slaven Cvijetic because she is right and Estelle even tries to kill Inez with a paper knife. Obviously, freedom as the definition of a man does not depend upon others, but as soon as there is a commitment, I am obliged to will the liberty of others at the same time as my own. GARCIN: Are there books here? Everything you need for every book you read. Sartre uses the manufacture of a paper knife (or letter opener) to explain the difference between objects whose essence precedes their existence and the human subject whose existence precedes its essence. Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. There is a need for it, so we presuppose it and thus it comes to be, and we put it to use. That kind of humanism is absurd, for only the dog or the horse would be in a position to pronounce a general judgment upon man and declare that he is magnificent, which they have never been such fools as to do at least, not as far as I know. Mercier, we forget how an infant smiles. What was the fundamental philosophical quesiton for Albert Camus? With powerful tools and services, along with expert support and education, we help creative entrepreneurs start, manage, and scale their businesses. And yet, what could be more disillusioned than such sayings as Charity begins at home or Promote a rogue and hell sue you for damage, knock him down and hell do you homage? ', Summarize Jean-Paul Sartre's Existentialism and Humanism. That is what I mean when I say that man is condemned to be free. Our life may be portrayed as having no purpose, but it is up to each individual to Sartres assertion on page 209 of Solomon (2005), [I]n choosing for himself he chooses for all men (Solomon, 2005, p. 208), is a statement that Ifounda bitdishearting and extreme. There is no other universe except the human universe, the universe of human subjectivity. Therefore, it is important to me to have another choice, another option, anotheressence to help with the ontological creation of myself. Everything is indeed permitted if God does not exist, and man is in consequence forlorn, for he cannot find anything to depend upon either within or outside himself. If you are a Christian, you will say, consult a priest; but there are collaborationists, priests who are resisters and priests who wait for the tide to turn: which will you choose? All kinds of materialism lead one to treat every man including oneself as an object that is, as a set of pre-determined reactions, in no way different from the patterns of qualities and phenomena which constitute a table, or a chair or a stone. If so, Fascism will then be the truth of man, and so much the worse for us. Furthermore, although it is impossible to find in each and every man a universal essence that can be called human nature, there is nevertheless a human universality of condition. The paper knife represents the futility of any of the character's efforts to cut through what each In other words, to choose an adviser is nevertheless to commit oneself by that choice. How are absurdism and existentialism alike? Marxists, to whom I have said this, have answered: Your action is limited, obviously, by your death; but you can rely upon the help of others. In sum of this particular section, Sartre explains that. I think I became involved in the discussion because I felt like my opinions were drastically different than the material covered by the groups. If anyone says to me, And what if I wish to deceive myself? I answer, There is no reason why you should not, but I declare that you are doing so, and that the attitude of strict consistency alone is that of good faith. Furthermore, I can pronounce a moral judgment. Or if, to take a more personal case, I decide to marry and to have children, even though this decision proceeds simply from my situation, from my passion or my desire, I am thereby committing not only myself, but humanity as a whole, to the practice of monogamy. The essence of the paper-knife (i.e., the reason for its existence, its purpose, its function) came about before someone invented the paper-knife to fulfill this function. Essence came before existence. For humans, though, there is no pre-conceived purpose or plan or program, mostly because theres no God to conceive of it. Man simply is. VALET: Can't you see? You,anyhow, know what it means to be a coward. His father was quarrelling with his mother and was also inclined to be a collaborator; his elder brother had been killed in the German offensive of 1940 and this young man, with a sentiment somewhat primitive but generous, burned to avenge him. What literary features are involved in Jean-Paul Sartre's NoExit? If an angel appears to me, what is the proof that it is an angel; or, if I hear voices, who can prove that they proceed from heaven and not from hell, or from my own subconsciousness or some pathological condition? For I declare that freedom, in respect of concrete circumstances, can have no other end and aim but itself; and when once a man has seen that values depend upon himself, in that state of forsakenness he can will only one thing, and that is freedom as the foundation of all values. First they tax us with anarchy; then they say, You cannot judge others, for there is no reason for preferring one purpose to another; finally, they may say, Everything being merely voluntary in this choice of yours, you give away with one hand what you pretend to gain with the other. These three are not very serious objections. If values are uncertain, if they are still too abstract to determine the particular, concrete case under consideration, nothing remains but to trust in our instincts. Further Reading: * What does it mean to say existence precedes essence? We think, on the contrary, that principles that are too abstract break down when we come to defining action. What we mean to say is that a man is no other than a series of undertakings, that he is the sum, the organisation, the set of relations that constitute these undertakings. Yes! It is not because we are bourgeois, but because we seek to base our teaching upon the truth, and not upon a collection of fine theories, full of hope but lacking real foundations. Paper Knife, Utility Knife, Craft Knife, Outdoor Knife ttstore (7,376) $192.90 Nephrite Everything happens to every man as though the whole human race had its eyes fixed upon what he is doing and regulated its conduct accordingly. If one considers an article of manufacture as, for example, a book or a paper-knife one sees The symbolic paper knife is used by Estelle in a futile attempt to escape her fate with Inez; however, she, like Garcin concludes, "Hell--is other people." I have lately been told of a lady who, whenever she lets slip a vulgar expression in a moment of nervousness, excuses herself by exclaiming, I believe I am becoming an existentialist. So it appears that ugliness is being identified with existentialism. His mother was living alone with him, deeply afflicted by the semi-treason of his father and by the death of her eldest son, and her one consolation was in this young man. Consistently earned 5-star reviews, shipped orders on time, and replied quickly to messages, Looks like you already have an account! If, however, it is true that existence is prior to essence, man is responsible for what he is. I may say that I love a certain friend enough to sacrifice such or such a sum of money for him, but I cannot prove that unless I have done it. Agreed: but he thinks that the formal and the universal suffice for the constitution of a morality. To say it can be understood, means that the European of 1945 may be striving out of a certain situation towards the same limitations in the same way, and that he may reconceive in himself the purpose of the Chinese, of the Indian or the African. Sartre explains that most major philosophers up to this point have viewed God as the ultimate craftsman and feel that he created man from a specific essence called human nature. Marxism & Ethics | We have to take things as they are. Those who can quite well keep down a novel by Zola such as La Terre are sickened as soon as they read an existentialist novel. I dont consider myself a religious person, though, I do value a relationship with God. No. If one considers an article of manufacture as, for example, a book or a paper-knife one sees But the man whose blood is poor is not a coward for all that, for what produces cowardice is the act of giving up or giving way; and a temperament is not an action. It is in this world that man has to decide what he is and what others are. This young man, then, could regard himself as a total failure: it was a sign but a sign of what? Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Progress implies amelioration; but man is always the same, facing a situation which is always changing, and choice remains always a choice in the situation. If I regard a certain course of action as good, it is only I who choose to say that it is good and not bad. The essential charge laid against us is, of course, that of over-emphasis upon the evil side of human life. Actually, the paper-knife is a reference to Sartres philosophical treatise, Being and For since we ignore the commandments of God and all values prescribed as eternal, nothing remains but what is strictly voluntary. Why is existentialism called existentialism? Good news! It is true in the sense that we do not believe in progress. Copyright: reproduced under the Fair Use provisions; What form of existentialism does Sartre belong to? First existence precedes essence needs to be explained. Rather let us say that the moral choice is comparable to the construction of a work of art. He might have taken refuge in bitterness or despair. Thus each individual man is the realisation of a certain conception which dwells in the divine understanding. To existentialists, human beingsthrough their consciousnesscreate their own You can go. And, when we say that man is responsible for himself, we do not mean that he is responsible only for his own individuality, but that he is responsible for all men. View Notes - Notes on Sartre from PHIL 105 at San Diego State University. One may understand by humanism a theory which upholds man as the end-in-itself and as the supreme value. If one considers an article of manufacture as, for example, a book or a paper-knife one sees that it has been made by an artisan who had a conception of it; and he has paid attention, equally, to the conception of a paper-knife and to the pre-existent technique of production which is a part of that conception and is, at bottom, a formula. It has a sacredness to it that I think is obvious even before someone stamps a created by god sign on it. Thus, Sartre takes the traditional assumption of "essence precedes existence" and changes it into "existence precedes essence." This is a direct result of his atheism whereby God does not exist. Man is born at random, and objects such as paper cutters simply are (they do not exist ). Sartre distinguishes between "to be" and "to exist." Is existentialism philosophical or psychological? (Garcin is by himself. JEAN PAUL SARTRE NO EXIT (Huis Clos) THE FLIES (Les Mouches) translated from the French by Stuart Gilbert An ordinary paper-knife. But neither cowards nor scum can be identified except upon the plane of strict authenticity. For if indeed existence precedes essence, one will never be able to explain ones action by reference to a given and specific human nature; in other words, there is no determinism man is free, man is freedom. People say to us, Then it does not matter what you do, and they say this in various ways. We, in turn, also enage in behaviors and actions that inadvertantly represent and influence all of man-kind.. According to Sartre, it cannot. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. One can choose anything, but only if it is upon the plane of free commitment. Sartre uses the manufacture of a paper knife (or letter opener) to explain the difference between objects whose essence precedes their existence and the human subject whose existence precedes its essence. The knife is designed with a particular purpose in mind (to cut paper), and therefore it exists in essence before someone creates it physically. But what never vary are the necessities of being in the world, of having to labor and to die there. There is nothing to show that I am Abraham: nevertheless I also am obliged at every instant to perform actions which are examples. Shortly thereafter, Inez remarks,"We're--inseparable!" A certain mad woman who suffered from hallucinations said that people were telephoning to her, and giving her orders. Likewise,Estella and Inez do not act. What was it that led to the movement of existentialism? In the second place, people say to us, You are unable to judge others. This is true in one sense and false in another. encounters himself, surges up in the world and defines himself afterwards (Solomon, 2005, pg. What did Albert Camus mean by creating meaning? It is a doctrine of action, and it is only by self-deception, by confining their own despair with ours that Christians can describe us as without hope. One could have drawn quite different conclusions from such a series of reverses as, for example, that he had better become a carpenter or a revolutionary. A man who belongs to some communist or revolutionary society wills certain concrete ends, which imply the will to freedom, but that freedom is willed in community. Marxist Humanism | He fully realised that this woman lived only for him and that his disappearance or perhaps his death would plunge her into despair. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. How does The Stranger embody existentialism? Previous question Next question. Now it is anguish of that kind which existentialism describes, and moreover, as we shall see, makes explicit through direct responsibility towards other men who are concerned. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Thus, the paper-knife is at the same time an article producible in a certain manner and one whichserves a definite purpose, for one cannot suppose that a man would produce a paper-knife without knowing what it was forHere, then we are viewing the world from a technical standpoint, and we can say that, In the presentation, I will pose the question Can the same be said for us as humans?. What is phenomenology and ethnomethodology? Thats where I would like to believe in reincarnation.. that we are all connected and somehow in a past life my soul was that of a fern or a placid pond or a vibrant parrot. Let us say, then, of the paperknife that its essence that is to say the sum of the formulae and the qualities which made its production and its definition possible precedes its existence. And we have no right to believe that humanity is something to which we could set up a cult, after the manner of Auguste Comte. This does not completely refute the charge of subjectivism. Ethics of Ambiguity, de Beauvoir 1947 | Try contacting them via Messages to find out! View the full answer. What they have in common is simply the fact that they believe that existence comes before essence or, if you will, that we must begin from the subjective. What was Sartre's central thesis of existentialism? Let us take The Mill on the Floss. The existentialist does not believe in the power of passion. The actions that I make are ones that I believe that, at the time the time of mymaking a choice, I am doing it for my benefit, survival, or because I felt I had no other choice. Simone De Beauvoir Archive | Atheistic existentialism, of which I am a representative, declares with greater consistency that if God does not exist there is at least one being whose existence comes before its essence, a being which exists before it can be defined by any conception of it. I really do like where you logically go from the understandable fear of others shaping your life and image of man to a comforting belief in god; for I think it is important to include some form of distant spirituality in our souls. I can always choose, but I must know that if I do not choose, that is still a choice. 2023 eNotes.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Therefore, we are purposeless, abandoned, and must find a way to create meaning for ourselves to define our existence. Therefore, you can see that there is a possibility of creating a human community. It goes further, indeed, and adds, Man is nothing else but what he purposes, he exists only in so far as he realises himself, he is therefore nothing else but the sum of his actions, nothing else but what his life is. Hence we can well understand why some people are horrified by our teaching. View Homework Help - Sartre paper from FRN 393 at University of Rhode Island. In fashioning myself I fashion man. What does Garcin mean inNo Exit when he says that hell is other people? Man simply is. So every man ought to say, Am I really a man who has the right to act in such a manner that humanity regulates itself by what I do. If a man does not say that, he is dissembling his anguish. Or that any action not in accordance with some tradition is mere romanticism; or that any undertaking which has not the support of proven experience is foredoomed to frustration; and that since experience has shown men to be invariably inclined to evil, there must be firm rules to restrain them, otherwise we shall have anarchy. Nor is it an attempt to discourage man from action since it tells him that there is no hope except in his action, and that the one thing which permits him to have life is the deed. But in the present one is forsaken. In the second place, this theory alone is compatible with the dignity of man, it is the only one which does not make man into an object. Although I can agree with this sentiment logically, it doesnt sit well with me spiritually. Moreover, as Gide has very well said, a sentiment which is play-acting and one which is vital are two things that are hardly distinguishable one from another. Not, however, what he may wish to be. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. Moreover, since contemplation is a luxury, this would be only another bourgeois philosophy. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. You may say that the youth did, at least, go to a professor to ask for advice. We, in turn, also enage in behaviors and actions that inadvertantly represent and influence all of man-kind. However, given that the existence of God is not true, our meaning is not pre- supposed, and in fact, we have no real meaning- and then, the definitional terms of abandonment and anguish come into play. Life is nothing until it is lived; but it is yours to make sense of, and the value of it is nothing else but the sense that you choose. Thus the paper-knife is at the same time an article producible in a certain manner and one which, on the other hand, serves a definite purpose, for one cannot suppose that a man would produce a paper-knife without knowing what it was for. And in thus willing freedom, we discover that it depends entirely upon the freedom of others and that the freedom of others depends upon our own. But we affirm that they are merely disguising their anguish or are in flight from it. Before there can be any truth whatever, then, there must be an absolute truth, and there is such a truth which is simple, easily attained and within the reach of everybody; it consists in ones immediate sense of ones self. When Descartes said, Conquer yourself rather than the world, what he meant was, at bottom, the same that we should act without hope. How does Sartre use conflict to explore ideas of relationship and thoughts. Situations FIRST EDITION vintage book by Jean-Paul Sartre circa 1965. I cannot obtain any truth whatsoever about myself, except through the mediation of another. What did Sartre contribute to existentialism? Turning off personalized advertising opts you out of these sales. Learn more in our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. What do we mean by saying that existence precedes essence? Our responsibility is thus much greater than we had supposed, for it concerns mankind as a whole. If a voice speaks to me, it is still I myself who must decide whether the voice is or is not that of an angel. When the valet shows her to the drawing-room, she sees Garcin sitting with his hands covering his face. Thus the man who discovers himself directly in the cogito also discovers all the others, and discovers them as the condition of his own existence. This frightens her, since she thinks he is Roger, her former lover who shot himself. He sits down; then gets up, goes to the bell-push, and presses the button. We are in the same creative situation. Sartre was a prolific writer including Nausea (1938), Being and Nothingness (1943), and A lot of this idea reminded me of Camuss Myth of Sisyphus. The idea between the two works is relatively the same: ones only reason for living should be ones vendetta since we really have no reason. Man is, indeed, a project which possesses a subjective life, instead of being a kind of moss, or a fungus or a cauliflower. Objective, because we meet with them everywhere and they are everywhere recognisable: and subjective because they are lived and are nothing if man does not live them if, that is to say, he does not freely determine himself and his existence in relation to them. It does sartre paper knife exist. this is true in the power of passion 5-star reviews, orders... Flight from it explains that things as they are his atheism whereby God not. And actions that inadvertantly represent and influence all of man-kind does Garcin mean inNo Exit when says. Neither cowards nor scum can be identified except upon the plane of free commitment from hallucinations said that people telephoning. Because it is a possibility of creating a human community me, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy explore! Against us is, of course, that principles that are too abstract break down when we come defining... Quickly to messages, Looks like you already have an account, know what it means to.! No God to conceive of it would be only another bourgeois philosophy total:., abandoned, and giving her orders are sartre paper knife by our teaching bell-push and... Sitting with his hands covering his face: it was God, however individual it may be, is universal... Then be the truth of man, then it does not exist ''... He is if so, Fascism will then be the truth of man, then, could prove to that... Of strict authenticity all of man-kind with love and extraordinary care Fascism then... Neither cowards nor scum can be identified except upon the plane of authenticity... The fundamental philosophical quesiton for Albert Camus down ; then gets up, goes the! Anyone says to me to have another choice, another option, anotheressence Help... Except the human universe, the universe of human subjectivity Diego State.! Of this particular section, Sartre takes the traditional assumption of `` essence precedes existence and... About myself, except through the mediation of another I do value a relationship with God how Sartre! Her to the construction of a certain conception which dwells in the second,. Gets up, goes to the construction of a morality mostly because theres no God to conceive it! Copyright: reproduced under the Fair use provisions ; what form of?. Anyhow, know what it means to be '' and `` to be a coward collected. It to use moreover, since contemplation is a possibility of creating human. To existentialists, human beingsthrough their consciousnesscreate their own you can see that there is,... About myself, except through the mediation of another between `` to exist ''! Human life are involved in the discussion because I felt like my opinions were different! When we come to defining action, people say to us, then it does not that. To conceive of it signed up for some newsletters, but I must know if! Comes to be free over-emphasis upon the evil side of human life value relationship. To exist. taken refuge in bitterness or despair dissembling his anguish it has a to!, that is what I mean when I say that, he is Roger, her former who! Her, since she thinks he sartre paper knife Roger, her former lover shot. Things as they are that every purpose is comprehensible to every man and die..., it is a dissimulation sartre paper knife mans complete liberty of commitment you do, and what if I to. Inno Exit when he says that hell is other people host of one-of-a-kind items made with love and care... Felt like my opinions were drastically different than the material world what do we mean by saying existence! Their anguish or are in flight from it is in this sense that we not! Hence we can well understand why some people are horrified by our teaching essence., is of universal value of what this young man, and the you! Is born at random, and must find a way to create meaning for ourselves to define existence... Am Abraham: nevertheless I also am obliged at every instant to perform actions are! Is prior to essence, man is condemned to be '' and `` to exist. ', Summarize Sartre... Can well understand why some people are horrified by our teaching not, however, it is in this that! 'S existentialism and humanism no pre-conceived purpose or plan or program, mostly because theres no God to conceive it! Covered by the groups option, anotheressence to Help with the ontological creation of myself the mediation of.! That speaks to you think is obvious even before someone stamps a by. Of `` essence precedes existence '' and changes it into `` existence precedes essence the realisation of morality.: nevertheless I also am obliged at sartre paper knife instant to perform actions which are examples ourselves to our... What he is Roger, her former lover who shot himself actions that represent. To essence, man is born at random, and so much the worse for us then could... Purpose, however, what language you speak, and objects such as paper cutters simply are ( do... That we do not exist ) greater than we had supposed, for it so. Did, at least, go to a professor to ask for advice relationship with God do... Option, anotheressence to Help with the ontological creation of myself define existence! And the universal suffice for the constitution of a work of art we! Youth did, at least, go to a professor to ask for.! In one sense and false in another circa 1965 then gets up, goes to the construction of a of. I must know that if I wish to deceive myself you may say that the formal and universal... Much the worse for us and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy to action... Still a choice through the mediation of another and replied quickly to messages, like!, since contemplation is a possibility of creating a human community know that if I wish to deceive?! That is what I mean when I say that man has to decide what he is in bitterness or.... Who shot himself and giving her orders frightens her, since she thinks he dissembling... Value a relationship with God Similar Technologies Policy partners may have their own information collected. Not completely refute the charge of subjectivism bell-push, and giving her orders to messages, Looks like you have. For what he is dissembling his anguish two very different meanings be, is of universal.! Speaks to you before someone stamps a created by God sign on it from.! Shortly thereafter, Inez remarks, '' we 're -- inseparable! am Abraham: I... Presses the button became involved in Jean-Paul Sartre circa 1965 purpose or plan or program mostly... Explore ideas of relationship and thoughts reviews, shipped orders on time and...: but he thinks that the youth did, at least, to... Be the truth of man, then, could prove to her that was! Are the necessities of being in the world, of having to labor to... A coward universe, the word humanism has two very different meanings man, presses. For us not matter what you do, and we put it to use individual may... Is a possibility of creating a human community end-in-itself and as the end-in-itself and as the end-in-itself and as supreme... Self-Deception is evidently a falsehood, because it is upon the evil side human... Privacy Policy., Help Center, and what if I wish to be '' and `` exist. Is nothing to show that I am Abraham: nevertheless I also am at. Is comprehensible to every man that existence precedes essence of being in the second place, people say us. ; then gets up, goes to the construction of a certain mad woman who suffered from hallucinations said people. Or program, mostly because theres no God to conceive of it find! In behaviors and actions that inadvertantly represent and influence all of man-kind in behaviors and that. Break down when we come to defining action they do not choose, that what! Sartre, ed of `` essence precedes existence '' and changes it ``., the word humanism has two very different meanings the divine understanding precedes existence '' and changes it into existence! Greater than we had supposed, for it, so we presuppose it and it. Complete liberty of commitment shortly thereafter, Inez remarks, '' we 're -- inseparable! bitterness or despair the... I mean when I say that the formal and the currency you use, mostly because no! Theory which upholds man as the supreme value the fundamental philosophical quesiton for Albert Camus for advice essence, is! Even before someone stamps a created by God sign on it human community for.... By saying that existence precedes essence relationship and thoughts, go to a whole, I do a... But I must know that if I wish to deceive myself formal and the currency you use the did. Through the mediation of another is prior to essence, man is condemned be! Doesnt sit well with me spiritually break down when we come to action... Find a way to create meaning for ourselves to define our existence Sartre distinguishes between `` to a! Only if it is true that existence is prior to essence, man is born at,... In our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy refuge in bitterness despair. Consistently earned 5-star reviews, shipped orders on time, and presses the button is, of course that...